It's important that both GPS and Wifi(even if they are not connected) are activated on a phone. if power-saving(low power)mode has been enabled, it can prevent iSharing from running in the background.
The below is a screenshot as an example to when these settings has a problem.
- normal status.
- A friend has turned off the WiFi. In this case, we can't detect an exact location and the accuracy may be very low.
- A friend has turned on the low-power (power saving) mode. In this case, a location update will be restricted. e.g. You may see outdated locations. Location history may not be updated.
- A friend has removed the app. In this case, we can't detect any location.
- A friend has hidden his/her location. You need to ask him/her to set privacy at menu > Privacy
- A friend has turned off notifications. In this case, we can't detect the latest location. Check Settings > Notifications > iSharing