To track the most precise location, your phone needs to meet the following requirements:
- Turn on location service (GPS) at all times
- Turn on both WiFi and Data, regardless of which one you’re connected to
- Have data left in your wireless plan, if you don’t have unlimited data
- Turn off Low Power Mode or Battery Saver Mode
- Have the app running in the background at all times
Please also check the additional settings that can impact your location accuracy.
- Turn on high location accuracy settings on your device
- [iPhone] Turn on "Precise Location" for iSharing in Settings
- [Android] Enable "High Accuracy" and turn on Google Location Accuracy
- Make sure iSharing can run in the background
Please note that accuracy also depends on your environment and your phone. For instance, if you’re underground or have a very old phone, the iSharing app will have a more difficult time sharing your precise location.
For more information on how to improve your location accuracy, please refer to the links below:
If you continue to experience issues with location accuracy, please let our support team know through the app (menu - contact us).