There are a couple of instances where location history is missing.
1. A whole day of Location history is completely missing.
When a user's location history is missing for an entire day or longer, it means that their location was not recorded in the iSharing server.
While there may be a variety of reasons when something like this happens, some of the reasons include the following; they deleted the app, they turned off their location permission, or their location accuracy was extremely low and there was no location history recorded.
2. A few hours/minutes of the day is missing.
Location history is dependent on how accurate location tracking is. A location can be removed if it is an invalid location. iSharing checks location validity by comparing the previous and the next location. Therefore, the first(0) and the last location can be inaccurate.
To get the most precise coordinates, we need all our user's devices to meet the following requirements:
- Turn on location service (GPS) at all times
- Turn on both WiFi and Data, regardless of which one you’re connected to
- Have data left in your wireless plan, if you don’t have unlimited data
- Turn off Low Power Mode or Battery Saver Mode
- Have the app running in the background at all times
Please also check the additional settings that can impact your location accuracy.
- Turn on high location accuracy settings on your device
- [iPhone] Turn on "Precise Location" for iSharing in Settings
- [Android] Enable "High Accuracy" and turn on Google Location Accuracy
- Make sure iSharing can run in the background
Please refer to the links below to read more about how to improve location accuracy, based on your device.
- iPhone: How to improve accuracy
- Android: How to improve accuracy
- Huawei: How to improve accuracy
- OPPO: How to improve accuracy
- Xiaomi: How to improve accuracy