If you have an ASUS device and your location is not updating please follow the below steps.
Also, if your friends' location is not updating on your device and they have an ASUS device, please refer them to this page.
Enable Location Services
iSharing will not be able to detect your location if location services are turned off.
Swipe down from the top of the screen.
Touch and turn on "Location"
Give iSharing Permission to Access Location
- Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > iSharing > Permissions > Location > Allow all the time.
- Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > iSharing > Permissions > Location > enable
Make sure Internet connection is active
Since iSharing updates your location via 3G/LTE/WiFi, your device always should be connected to the internet.
Turn on Wi-Fi
iSharing uses Wi-Fi signal to estimate a current location when GPS signal is not available(indoor or underground). We recommend you to turn on Wi-Fi even if you don’t use it.
- Settings > Wi-Fi on
Enable Mobile Data Usage
- Settings > Network & internet > Mobile network > Mobile data > ON
Disable Data Saver / Data Restriction
- Settings > Network & internet > Data Saver > Use Data Saver > OFF
- Settings > Network & internet > Data Saver > Unrestricted data > iSharing > ON (an option for users who want to turn on data saver)
Turn off Battery Saver and/or Battery Optimizations 🔋
iSharing should be running in the background. But if battery optimizations are activated, Android forces to kill iSharing process.
To turn off battery optimizations for an app:
Uncheck Mobile Manager > PowerMaster > Settings (or Battery-saving options) > Clean up in suspend
Uncheck Mobile Manager > PowerMaster > Settings (or Battery-saving options) > Auto-deny apps from auto-starting.
Check 3rd party auto-clean application
Some third-party auto-cleanup applications can prevent iSharing from running. If you have downloaded any cache-cleaning or memory-cleaning apps. please verify that iSharing is exempt.
Reboot the phone
In some cases, the device could lose connection with the location service. In this situation, rebooting the device will resolve the problem.