If you have a Xiaomi device and your location is not updating please follow the below steps.
Also, if your friends' location is not updating on your device and they have a Xiaomi device, please refer them to this page.
Enable Location Services
iSharing will not be able to detect your location if location services are turned off.
- Settings > Password & security > Location > enable all settings & set to High accuracy
Give iSharing Permission to Access Location
- Settings > Apps > Manage apps > iSharing > App permissions > Location > enable
Make sure Internet connection is active
Since iSharing updates your location via 3G/LTE/WiFi, your device always should be connected to the internet.
Turn on Wi-Fi
iSharing uses Wi-Fi signal to estimate a current location when GPS signal is not available(indoor or underground). We recommend you to turn on Wi-Fi even if you don’t use it.
- Settings > Wi-Fi on
Enable Mobile Data Usage
- Settings > Sim cards & mobile networks > Mobile data > ON
Disable Data Saver / Data Restriction
- Settings > Sim cards & mobile networks > Set data plan > ensure iSharing is not opt out
Turn off Battery Saver and/or Battery Optimizations 🔋
iSharing should be running in the background. But if battery optimizations is activated, Android forces to kill iSharing process.
To turn off battery optimizations for an app:
- Settings > Battery & performance > Battery saver > OFF
- Settings > Apps > Manage apps > iSharing > Battery saver > No restrictions
- Settings > Battery & performance > App battery saver > iSharing > No restrictions
MIUI 7 and MIUI 8
- Additional settings > Battery & performance > Manage apps battery usage > Choose apps > iSharing > Background settings > no restrictions AND Background location > Allow
- OR Power saving mode: Standard or OFF
Check 3rd party auto-clean application
Some third-party auto-cleanup applications can prevent iSharing from running. If you have downloaded any cache-cleaning or memory-cleaning apps. please verify that iSharing is exempt.
Ensure that iSharing is allowed to auto-start
Some devices have settings that exclude some applications from starting. The most common phones to have these applications are Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo.
- Settings > Apps > Manage apps > iSharing > Autostart > enable
Lock iSharing from being forced closed by the Task Manager
Extremely important as it can completely stop iSharing from running when not opened
From the home screen, click on the lower left square menu icon to enter the multitasking interface. Find the iSharing screen. Tap and hold it iSharing (as shown below) until a lock icon appears. (pictured below).
When the lock is enabled, iSharing will not be forced closed when you click the "X" (shown below) to clear memory.
**Please do not kill iSharing by swiping. If you do this, iSharing will be killed in the background. iSharing cannot update your location or receive your friend's location if killed.
Reboot the phone
In some case, the device could lost the connection with the location service. In this situation, rebooting the device will resolve the problem.