iSharing uses a variety of markers to note the status of each user's phone. These icons will appear below their marker on the map or in the information section if you go to their details page.
Each marker listed below notes different statuses:
- - Your friend's device is turned off or has less than 5% battery. In this case, their location sharing may be interrupted.
- - Your friend's device has low battery.
- - Your friend's device has medium to low battery
- - Your friend's device has high to full battery.
- - Your friend has turned off the location service. In this case, we can't detect any location. Check "Enable location service on iOS" and "Enable location service on Android"
- - Your friend has turned off the WiFi. In this case, we can't detect an exact location and the accuracy may be very low.
- - Your friend has turned on low-power (power saving) mode. In this case, a location update will be restricted, as their phone may not let iSharing to run in the background. You may see outdated locations and the location history may not be updated.
- - Your friend has removed the app. In this case, we can't detect their location.
- - Your friend has hidden their location. They have chosen to hide their location from you. To track their location, please ask them to change their privacy setting at "Menu > Privacy."
- - Your friend has turned off notifications. In this case, we can't detect the latest location. Please ask your friend to turn notifications back on at "Settings > Notifications > iSharing."
- - Your friend has turned on Battery Optimization. Battery Optimization can interfere with continuous location detection.
It's important that both GPS and Wifi(even if they are not connected) are activated on a phone. if power-saving(low power)mode has been enabled, it can prevent iSharing from running in the background.
If you're seeing the above icons when they shouldn't appear or for any other issues, please contact our support team through the app (Menu - Contact Us).